ROTARY MEMBERSHIP – Making a difference.
Why join Rotary and in particular the Rotary Club of Wolverhampton?
In a sentence, you would be giving back to society in this country and overseas whilst making new friends and having fun!
We are proud of our club which was founded in 1921 making it one of Great Britain’s oldest clubs. In 1945 club member Tom Warren was the second British Rotarian ever to be appointed President of Rotary worldwide.
What type of people join Rotary?
Our current membership of around sixty are generally either active or retired professionals, executives, managers or owners of proprietary businesses. Members must have the desire and ability to give back to society by helping others. In today’s very busy business world many new members are drawn from those who have recently retired or those who are about to retire. The club looks to recruit from a broad spectrum of the community in order to be able to call on a wide range of skills to carry out the club’s wide range of projects.
Do I have to be invited to be a member of Rotary?
Yes, this distinguishes Rotary from other service organisations.
BUT —- Don’t let this put you off! Speak to a member of the club or indicate your interest via this website and we will get in touch with you. There is no obligation on either side. If you are interested we would really like to hear from you. We can then talk through details of meetings (we meet Tuesday lunchtimes), the cost of membership, lunch etc and further commitments.
What can you expect from Rotary?
- A sense of achievement in doing something really worthwhile in helping the community at home and in other parts of the world.
- Our fundraising events raise about £50,000 annually.
- You will have an enormous amount of fun working and socialising with club members. As well as the Club’s projects, we have an active social programme including a variety of sporting activities.
- You will make new and firm friends, working and socialising with like minded people as well as making new business contacts.
- You will learn new skills and grow as a person.
- The Rotary movement is worldwide and you will be sure of a warm welcome from fellow Rotarians whenever you are travelling abroad.
If you are interested in becoming a member of our club we want to hear from you — Please contact us either via this website or ring Kewal Krishan at work on 01902 688556. See us on Facebook – The Rotary Club of Wolverhampton.
‘’As Rotary is defined not by who we are, but by what we do, the potential that Rotary gives us , and the ways we realise that potential in meaningful and lasting service.’’ International President Ian Riseley.